Africans in the Diaspora (AiD) envisions self-reliant African countries that drive development through their own human and financial resources.
Africans in the Diaspora (AiD) advances social change in Africa by harnessing the skills and resources of Africans around the world and investing in African-led grassroots organizations that are transforming their communities.
- Self-Determination: We believe that the people of Africa must be the drivers, and leaders of development in their communities. When Africans make decisions about resources, priorities, plans, and accountability, African countries will experience meaningful and lasting change.
- Dignity: We believe that everyone, regardless of their social and economic position, has value and inherent worth. We support efforts that build on the strength of communities, and work to ensure all people are given opportunities to realize their full potential.
- Strength-Based: We affirm and build on the strengths, assets, and opportunities of Africans. Across the continent, we see hope, innovation, and possibility spearheaded by Africans. We identify these most promising solutions and give them a platform to excel.
- Transformation: We support initiatives that bring about meaningful and measurable change, where participants and communities are empowered to become productive, self-sufficient, and contributing citizens.
- Community: We believe in the power of community action to drive long-term change. We offer a platform for communities separated by space and time to work together by pooling their resources, skills, and voices under a shared vision of transformation.